I have been meaning to share this latest dessert recipe for a while; I had so many requests for the recipe when I posted a photo on instastories.
I love finding new blogs – fashion, fitness, cooking, lifestyle, anything – through instagram and I came across the blog Bakerita as a great healthy baking option. She has so many beautiful looking, easy to follow, and guilt free dessert recipes.
The very first recipe I made was Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies, and they were insane. (And husband approved!) They stay fresh and moist for days, but you’ll be lucky if they last that long! How can you go wrong with Peanut Butter + Chocolate?!
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 oz. dark chocolate chunks (use paleo chocolate chunks to keep refined sugar free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8” square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined. Stir in the almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely, and then cut into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container.