Today I wanted to share one of my favorite weekday morning breakfasts. These are so simple to prepare the night before (or even 2 days before – you can make them in bulk for the week!) and pop in the fridge. In the morning, you can just grab and go. I also love these because sometimes I don’t want a big breakfast or I am running late in the morning, so I can have a few bites or half of the overnight oats and then save the rest for a mid morning snack at work. or eat it in the car 🙂 It also makes a great snack any time of the day.
A few things that I do differently.
1. I use PB2 instead of peanut butter. I am in love with PB2, especially for things like smoothies or overnight oats where you are mixing it with a lot of other ingredients. You get all of the peanut butter flavor but with a fraction of the calories. In something like this, you can’t even tell any difference. You could also use almond butter.
2. I dice the banana the morning that I am going to eat the overnight oats. I’m sure it’s fine diced the night before, but especially for the jar I’m not eating for about 36 hours, it just seems like the texture of a banana is mushy enough…. you know what I mean? ALSO, if you dislike bananas, just leave them out!
This recipe is from Tone It Up. I love their nutrition plan and their workouts, but they also post lots of “free” recipes like this that you don’t have to be a member of their nutrition plan to have access to.
- Ingredients for 2 Jars :
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter ( I use the PB2 equivalent)
- 4 tsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla Perfect Fit Protein
- 1 banana, sliced
- STEP 1: Combine everything in a bowl.
- STEP 2: Split mixture into two mason jars. Let sit in the fridge overnight.
Speaking of Tone It Up,
I just saw that they posted a video from their ‘Wine Not Wednesday” series with Kate Voegele!
Kate went to college with me and was in my sorority – and was actually the “little” of one of my best friends – so I always love when I hear her songs come on Spotify or see her face somewhere. She is so adorable and her music is really good. So check her out if you haven’t before!