Cute, adorable little Rachel Bilson
goes gangster in this Funny or Die Video (here).
It’s definitely worth watching.
Last weekend we broke out the crock pot and made homemade sloppy joes based on this recipe, but with a few variations. We decided to use bison + pork instead of regular beef which is what I think made it so delicious! The best part was that most of the ingredients you’ll probably already have in your pantry.
2 Carrots, chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1. Brown beef and sausage with onion, garlic, and bell pepper in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring 10 minutes or until beef and sausage crumble and are no longer pink. Drain well.
- 2. Place beef mixture in a 4 1/2-qt. slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours. Serve on hamburger buns.
- Couldn’t be easier! I know my pictures are awful, but they were so good. The extra couple of dollars for the bison and pork made this dish. I can’t wait to use the slow cooker again soon.
- 8 (5-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup prepared chunky cilantro salsa, divided
- 3/4 cup cooked black beans
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Special Equipment: 12-cup muffin tin